About

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Staples.com - OOP: $41.15 - Savings of: $285.74 + why I love Staples Rewards!


In November and December, Staples had a promotion where you would receive 100% back in Staples Rewards when you purchased Duracell batteries. The limit was 2 per week and I took advantage of that! We have 2 young kids and go through A LOT of batteries. Even though it was $27.98 OOP each week that I spent on batteries, I was able to add up a lot of Staples Rewards! I also took advantage of a few other reward deals they had through out the month. I had decided that it was time to upgrade to a laser printer because I was spending SO much money each year on ink (around $65 every 3 months). I couldn't really justify buying a new printer since our old one worked perfectly fine, so I decided to save up my Staples Rewards and use them toward the purchase of a laser printer. I noticed when browsing online that this Samsung printer was on sale (and $70 cheaper than Walmart) so I decided this was the week to cash in my Staples Rewards! Staples.com also currently has a good deal on paper towels and trash bags so I decided to stock up on those items!

Staples.com
OOP: $41.15
Savings of: $285.74
Earned $2.00 cash back from Endorse (for the paper towels) and will earn $2.06 cash back from ordering online

Samsung laser printer $129.99 (regularly $199.99)

5 Scott 6 pack paper towels $3.99 each

1 Hefty 55 count trash bags $9.99

3 Seventh Generation laundry detergent $20.99 each

phone charging pad $29.99
 -used FREE coupon when you spent $150+ online (received in the mail)

 -used $10 off $50 online coupon received in the mail

 -used $171.75 in Staples Rewards

Now, I realized $21 for laundry detergent is A LOT...but Seventh Generation is now the only kind we use. So, the best way I have found to get it cheap/free is it use my Staples Rewards to pay for it! Luckily, so far I always have rewards that I can use so I haven't had to pay for it yet! 3 boxes should last us 5 to 6 months, so by then I should have enough Staples Rewards to get more for free!

Although you have to actually pay OOP to earn Staples Rewards (unlike CVS where you can roll) I LOVE the fact that I can buy things I need that earn Staples Rewards and get things for free later (like this transaction!) I had planned on only spending exactly what I had in Staples Rewards, but to use the $10 off $50 coupon I had to actually have $50 in my cart after all other coupons were applied. Still works out to be a great deal for what all I received I think!


If you haven't signed up for a cash back site yet, make sure to head over here and sign up for Ebates! You can head over here to learn more about Ebates (it is an old post, but still shows how great the program is!) I will be receiving a "big fat check" in February for $117!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More