About

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ebates - received my first "big fat check" for $17.51!


When I first started couponing, I heard people talk about Ebates & Shop at Home, but I was always skeptical to sign up. I signed up for Shop at Home in November 2010 and used it here and there but usually forgot all about it. I decided this Christmas season, I was going to use both sites (along with Shop Discover) for all of my online shopping. The prices online in most cases were the same as in store (or better), I could get free shipping AND I would get cash back...which wouldn't happen if I went in store! I ended up purchasing probably 90% of our Christmas gifts online thanks to those 3 cash back sites. Shop Discover was probably the site I used most because they offered 15% cash back at Sears, 10% at Kohls, 10% at Lands End etc but I still used Ebates and Shop at Home a lot.

Today, I received my first cash back check! It was from Ebates for $17.51. (I received my $10.00 Target gift card 2 weeks ago from signing up and spending more than $25.00 at an Ebates retailer). It didn't take much for me to get the $17.51...4 purchases:

I currently have $4.38 pending cash back already & Ebates will pay out again when I get over $5.00. You'll notice none of the cash back amounts pending are very much...but they all add up.

I am expecting a check from Shop at Home also, but it won't be mailed until around 1/31.

Before Black Friday, I had $17.52 in cash back (Shop at Home pays out at $20.00 +) With doing my Christmas shopping online I earned $32.10 in cash back...making my first Shop at Home check worth $41.94! That's almost $60.00 in cash back just for shopping online, instead of in store! I can't wait to see how much earned from Shop Discover next month! :)

If you haven't signed up for either site, but shop online at least a few times a year, I would sign up. It is totally worth it & it cost you nothing. The only thing you have to do is remember to go through the cash back site, instead of heading straight to the retailer's website. Both sites offer different cash back amounts each day, so it can be a good idea to sign up for both. Shop at Home doesn't pay out though until $20.00, so if you don't do much online shopping Ebates may work out better for you (they pay out at $5.00)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More