About

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Shopping trips 10-12 & 10-13 - Kmart (3rd time was NOT a charm), Old Navy and Meijer

Kmart
OOP: $11.16

**bad picture...the yellow box is Burt's Bees facial cream

....and now for the rant....feel free to skip over ;)

As I walked into Kmart Friday night I thought "my transaction is easy....nothing can go wrong"! I had a $10.00 off Kmart CRT that expired Friday and there was really nothing I wanted to "roll" it on. My husband has decided that he is switching all his H&B items to all natural/organic things, so I decided to pick out something Burt's Bees and then buy the Cottonelle wipes to get my total over $25 for the double coupons. There are $1.00 off manufacturer coupons by the Cottonelle wipes in store that makes the small packs only $.39 each after doubles (stock up price). I picked out my 4 items which came to $25.16...just over the amount needed for my coupons to double. If you remember, I purchased 2 packs of Cottonelle wipes earlier this week and had no issues with the coupons doubling. This time, the cashier scanned 1 of my 3 coupons and gave me my total. I told her I had 3 coupons and she informed me she would only scan 1 more "to be nice" because the coupons said "do not double" and she was letting 2 of them double anyway so I was already getting $1.00 more off than I should have. I wanted to argue the fact that I had purchased some earlier in the week and the coupons doubled (heck, I even had my receipt with me) but I knew it would get me no where. Right before this I had gone to customer service to get back the $3.20 I was shorted my last trip and the cashier there informed me that my $.55 coupon would only double to $1.00 (instead of $1.10) and my $1.00 coupon wouldn't double at all (should have doubled to $2.00). SIGHHH. I by no means believe I know the Kmart coupon policy completely (like I could say for some other stores) but it amazes me how the cashiers know even less than I do. I took my $2.00 loss from the coupon she wouldn't scan (but accepted and put in her coupon envelope) and left. I REALLY REALLY want to make Kmart work...but I am spending more OOP than if I just went to a drug store currently!

So when all was said and done, my *stock up* wipes ended up not being a stock up and my facial cream expired back in January...just great! :)


Burt's Bees facial cream $17.99

3 Cottonelle wipes $2.39 each
 -used 2 $1.00 coupons located in store by the wipes/bath tissue (doubled to $2.00)

 -used $10.00 Kmart CRT from a previous purchase




Old Navy
OOP: $32.15 & earned $10 Super Cash

I am LOVING the 30% off Old Navy coupon (valid through Sunday 10/14). The fact that it does not exclude clearance means there are A LOT of great deal to be found if you are like me and like stock for next year during end of season sales :)

My total before the 30% was over the $25 needed for the Old Navy super cash, so I also earned $10.00 Super Cash! I am not a fan of ON Super Cash (since I have to spend $25 to use it) but I am sure we can find something to use it on! 

Prices listed below are AFTER coupon

Toddler boots $10.51
*not a superb price but my daughter gets a pair every year

Butterfly Sweatshirt $6.29

Flowered dress $2.44

Grey Romper $2.44

Graphic Tee $1.39

Dress (front) $2.79

6 pack toddler panties $6.29

Old Navy
OOP: $5.88

I made another trip to Old Navy tonight and picked up the following with the 30% coupon:

Shorts $.68

Bathing Suit $1.38

Pink basic tee $1.03

dress $2.79

I LOVED the dress pictured in both pics so I got one for next summer and one for the summer after :) For $2.79 I will totally hold onto it for a year ;)


I also made 2 trips to Meijer over the last 2 days to take advantage of the gift card/free jeans promo, Scored 2 pairs of toddler jeans for free and just paid $50.00 for the 2 gift cards. Because of this promo I now have more than enough in gift cards to get us through the rest of the year without paying OOP at Meijer!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More