About

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Shopping trips 4/16 - Meijer, CVS, Target & Sears

I headed to Meijer tonight because honestly...I wanted to test the "stacking" of mperks & paper coupons. It is still working and according to the Meijer Facebook page it will take a few months to get the computers changed. I wanted to pick up some more of the free Gold Peak Tea (with the $.75 coupon available here) but my stores was cleaned out of all bottles! Hopefully my local Giant Eagle still has a few in stock:)


I picked up the Green Works window cleaner for $2.23 since we are almost out, but I did see bathroom cleaner as low as $1.98 if you were interested in taking advantage of the Green Works sale this week.


Meijer
OOP: $2.28
Savings of: $19.11


Zantac 24 count $7.89
 -used $5.00 coupon available here
 -plus used the $3.00 mperk available here
=$.11 money maker!


2 Hubert's Lemonade $1.99 each
 -used Buy one get one free coupon available here - use zip 90210
=$1.99 or $1.00 each!


Chicken tenders $3.98
 -used $1.50 Catalina from a previous hamburger helper promotion
=$2.48


2 Clorox Green Works window cleaners $2.23 each
 -used $.50 coupon from the 4/1 Sunday paper (doubled to $1.00)
 -used $1.00 coupon available here
 -plus used $1.00 off 2 mperk available here
=$1.46 or $.73 each!


 -used $1.50 off a $15 purchase Catalina 
 -used $2 off a $2 purchase mperk




My Target trip was one that if I was a newbie....I would have left paying a lot more than I did. I had 2 $5 off 2 Revlon Beauty tool Target coupons and 2 $1.00 manufacturer coupons. They exceeded the items cost and the cashier was insistent that he couldn't adjust them down. After explaining to him that he could a few times, he scanned the coupon and accepted it for the full value stating he didn't feel like changing the price of it. We then got to the FoodSaver Target coupon and he didn't want to accept it. I didn't feel like explaining to him why it would work since there was a line behind me, so I paid and went to customer service. The cashier there also stated they couldn't take because it exceeded the items value. I explained to her that they usually adjust them down and she told me they couldn't because she couldn't just let me leave paying nothing for the item. She was very persistent about this even after I explained that the beauty tools and toothpaste were free. Finally she called over a manager and she gave me back the $10 for the coupon stating "She had already had one other issue with the Target coupon earlier"


On a brighter note, you should find Target Easter clearance at 90% off now!


Target
OOP: $0.00 ($1.22 went on a previously earned gift card)
Savings of: $50.00


Merona tank $6
 -used the $3 coupon available here
=$3


2 Aquafresh kids $1.89
 -used 2 $1.00 coupons previously available here
 -plus used 2 $1.00 Target coupons previously available here
=$.11 money maker each!


Revlon mascara $2.97 (clearance)
 -used $1.00 coupon from the 4/1 Sunday paper
 -used $2 Target coupon available here
=FREE!


GE light bulbs $2.24
 -used the $2 Target coupon available here
=$.24


FoodSaver handheld $19.99
 -used the $10 coupon available here
 -plus used the $10 Target coupon previously available here
=FREE


Band Aid 40 count $1.87
 -used the $2 coupon previously available here
=$.13 money maker!


2 Easter grass packages $.04 each


Revlon Clippers $2.99
Revlon Clippers $1.42
Revlon trimmer $2.99
Revlon Lash Curler $2.89
 -used 2 $5 off 2 Revlon beauty tools coupons previously available here
 -used 2 $1.00 coupons from the Sunday paper
=$1.71 money maker
 *I had given him 2 manufacturer coupons first not realizing my total was only $10.29 before coupons (I prefigured it and thought it should have been $11.29). When I added up the items at the register again and tried to get him to just adjust the Target coupon down he just pushed it through for $5


Nothing amazing at CVS for me this week (I didn't even shop last week!) I did want to pick up the 2 money maker items though. I was going to add the Depends to my donation stash but I hear they are great for after baby care....so maybe I'll hold onto them for whenever #3 comes along ;)


CVS
OOP: $0.00 ($.49 went on a previously earned gift card)
Savings of: $13.29
Earned $13.49 ECB ($1 was for my green bag tag)


Depends Silhouette $3.99 and earn $2 ECB - limit 1
 -used $2.00 coupon available here
 -plus used the $2.00 CVS coupon available here
=$2.01 money maker after ECB!


Naturelief $8.49 and earn $8.49 ECB - limit 1
 -used $1.00 coupon previously available here (there is also a $1.00 coupon in the 1/15 Sunday paper)
=$1.00 money maker after ECB!




Sears 
OOP: $7.98


I was near the Polaris Sears today so I decided to check out what clearance they had. There wasn't much left, but I was able to pick up the above items:


Sweatshirt $3.99
2 pack pajamas $3.99

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More