About

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Shopping trips 8/30 - CVS & Sears


I headed out to CVS today for the first time in 6 weeks! I have an expired $5 ECB I was planning on rolling, but my local store was out of the ZzzQuil. I tested the water today by using an expired red coupon machine coupon to see if they would accept it and the cashier had no issues with it! This is great news considering my old store took all coupons expired and I LOVED that!

My goal is to start saving up the ECB for Black Friday. Last year I started with $40ish ECB and still needed to do 4 transactions! I am hoping to be able to do fewer transactions this year but still be able to score all the goodies! To do that, I need to start building my ECB stash back up again. (If you are new to this blog, I used all my ECB back in July since we were moving and I wasn't sure if my new store would accept ECB expired and I didn't know when I would be able to make it to a CVS again)

My OOP for my CVS transactions over the next few weeks will be more than I would usually ever spend, but it'll be the easiest way to rebuild my ECB stash.

CVS
OOP: $1.18
Savings of: $8.50

Unreal candy $1.19
 -used FREE coupon previously available here (cashier only took off $1.00 instead of $1.19)
=$.19

Earn $2 ECB when you buy 1 Visine product
Visine $5.49
 -used $3.00 coupon available here
 -plus used $1.50 CVS coupon (expired)
=$.99 and earned $2 ECB


Sears
OOP: $49.89 and earned $10.00 gift card

I've posted A LOT of Sears deals lately, so I hope you don't mind another :) I LOVE Sears clearance. IMO they have some of the best clearance deals. I went in today to do 2 things - 1)return a pair of pants and 2)buy a shower curtain. Instead, I ended up leaving with all of this!

From what I can remember they are offering the following clearance deals:
* additional 50% off clearance shoes
* additional 60% off Land's End kids clearance and 50% off adult Land's End clearance
* additional 30% off kids, men's, women's and juniors clearance clothes (kids clothes were as low as $2.49 before extra 30%)
* additional 50% off The Kardashian Kollection clearance

Everything pictured above is what I scored from the clearance sections. I love Sears clearance because there are still name brands like Carter's and Osh Kosh but you can get the clothes SOOO cheap! Most of the things I picked up today were 70-75% off the original price before the additional % off!

I spent $49.89 on 15 piece (1 of which was for me) - making each piece $3.33. My shirt rang up $2.50 more than it should have, so if I would have noticed in store I would have only paid $3.16 an item!

I am not sure what the exact promotion is, but I also earned a $10.00 gift card for next time! The cashier mentioned it had something to do with the amount of money I spent on clothes today. That was a total surprise since I wasn't expecting it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More