About

Friday, July 20, 2012

Recent shopping trips - Macys & CVS (Cashed out all my ECB)


(Forgive the dirty floor....we were in the process of finishing up putting in hard wood floors)

I headed to CVS on Sunday to use up all the ECB I had. With moving, I have no idea what coupon policy my new CVS store will have, so I didn't want to take a chance on them not accepting my expired ECB. We also won't be in our new house until August and will only be in Columbus a day or 2 a week until then, so I didn't want to have to feel obligated to go to CVS to use my ECB on our short trips "home". Luckily, we are really well stocked on most things I think we will need over the next few months, so I can go a little awhile without feeling like I am missing out a must have deal if I need too :)

I didn't go in with a plan. Just a few coupons and an idea of things that may be most needed. We needed toothbrushes for our hotel stay and the ones pictured had a clearance tag saying they were $2.03 each...well, they rang up $4.59 each (OUCH!) I didn't notice until I got home and didn't have time to go back (usually I totally would since CVS is only a few minutes from our house ;))

I ended up going to CVS yesterday to get a 2 liter for our hotel and received $5 ECB from beauty club spending. Guess I'll hold onto that and maybe something awesome will come up to roll it into before it expires :)

CVS:
OOP: $2.53
Savings of: $79.34

Pepsi 2 liter $.77


Arm & Hammer Spinbrush $6.99 (earned $2 ECB with this purchase)
 -used $1.00 coupon from a previously purchased item

Tampax radiant tampons $6.99
 -used $.50 coupon from a home mailer

Bounty Basic 8 pack $6.74
 -used $3.50 CVS coupon from the red coupon machine


Lubriderm lotion $7.99
 -used $2 CVS coupon from the red coupon machine

Always infinity pads $4.99
 -used $1.00 coupon from a home mailer

2 Colgate toothbrushes $4.59 each


Huggies pull-ups $13.39
 -used $2 coupon from a Pullups house party coupon booklet

Jergens lotion $8.29
 -used $1.00 coupon from the Sunday paper
 -used $5 off a $15 beauty purchase (this lotion and the Lubriderm lotion)

Q-Tips $5.29


Scunci kids hair ties $3.69
 -used $2 CVS coupon from the red coupon machine


 -used $4 off a $20 purchase from the red coupon machine
 -used $48.50 in ECB
 -used $3.72 on a previously earned gift card

Transaction 2:

2 Eclipse gum $1.57 each
 -used buy one get one free coupon from a tear pad

M&Ms $1.87

 -used $2 ECB from transaction 1




Macy's

I went to Macy's yesterday to pick up a bridal shower gift and noticed they were having an additional percentage off their clearance items (home was 40% and clothes were 30%). There was also a coupon on their mobile website for an extra 10, 15 or 20% off clearance depending on the department.

After being in a hotel room for 5 days...I got a little excited and went a little crazy ;) I def. spent more than I planned (considering I just went in for a bridal shower gift!) but I did pick up a few good deals:

24 piece glasswear set $7.13

Veggie Peeler $3.39

Muffin Pan $4.07

dish rags $3.56 (we currently just use paper towels and I thought these were really cute!)

The 3 pajama sets and most of the clothes were all $5.59 each (which is more than I like to spend) and why I said I went a little overboard lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More