About

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Florence Y'all....



The last few months have been crazy around my household for more reasons than one. We have had vacations, house remodeling, kids activities and everything in between. My post have been lacking because of it, but I am glad each and every one of you have stuck around! 

Last week I posted about my husband and I going to Cincinnati for 3 days...and now is the time to tell you why :) My husband is being transferred with his job to a store in the Cincinnati area and we went down to find a house! We have known for a little over a month that we would be moving but we weren't exactly sure when it would happen so I have stayed quiet to everyone we know!

After spending 3 days looking around, we found a house in Florence, Kentucky.  I am not familiar at all with Cincinnati or northern Kentucky, so this will all be completely new. I have learned that there is not a Giant Eagle around and only a few Meijer locations. From what I can tell, Kroger runs the Cincinnati market, so you will probably begin to see more post from me about Kroger and less about Giant Eagle (It is very hard to blog about a store that you don't shop at:))

During the next few weeks/month I will have days with no post because we will be traveling back and forth from Columbus to Kentucky and we will be staying some nights in a hotel until our new house is ready to move into. I hope you will all stick around during this change! 

Since Florence is only 15 minutes outside of Cincinnati I have no plans to change the blog name at this time. To my knowledge, stores in the Cincinnati area only double to $.50 (unlike Columbus doubling to $.99) and that fits in with most of Ohio. I guess I will now understand what it is like to live in an area of "low doubles" :)

If you asked yourself why in the world I would give away all my coupons expiring this month....this is why ;) No shopping for me until we get all settled in our new place :)

4 comments:

Good luck on the big move! I'm vaguly familiar with KY/Florence area as we've taken several vacations down there... check out Remke's!

I live in N Ky and we have Kroger, Walmart, Meijer, Target and Remple. The Stockpiling moms also live here in N ky if you want to check them out

Congrats!! I hope everything goes smoothly during this big change in you and your families lives.

Remke , Meijer & Kroger all double up to a dollar in northern Kentucky. Hopefully you will begin to shop at Remke & make post for shopping there. Good luck on the move. I can't wait to read your post for the northern Kentucky area.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More