About

Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Giant Eagle food perks trip - Saved $112.62

Giant Eagle 
OOP: $184.23 & earned .$.50 OYNO
Savings of: $112.62
Will get $5.70 deposited into my Saving Star account


I had 15% in food perks expiring at the end of the month, so i decided to go today since my husband was off and I would be able to go alone :) There wasn't much in the ad that caught my eye so most of this was just items we needed or wanted. If you want a breakdown of an item..lettme know! I used coupons on everything except for the fruits/veggies, oatmeal, chicken, milk, chocolate chips, the Honest Kids juice boxes & Log Cabin syrup.


My biggest cost were:


$29.00 in chicken (we are picky with our chicken & Bell & Evans is expensive!)


$16.00 in Oatmeal - I didn't have coupons, but we needed instant Oatmeal. I decided to do the "Spend $15 & get $5 back" from Saving Star


$19 in bacon - This is something we never have but always want with breakfast, so I decided to get enough to last us!


$15.00 in fruits & veggies


It's no Extreme Couponing, but almost 40% savings is good to me considering what all I got :)


If you haven't already signed up for Saving Star head over here to do so now! Make sure to have your store loyalty cards in hand because you will need those (CVS, Giant Eagle, Rite Aid, Kroger)

Saving Star basically works like ecoupons or eoffers do, except the money will not come off at the register. You will log onto your Saving Star account, and "clip" the coupons you want to use. When you go to the store and purchase the item you will not see the money come off then. Instead, within 30 days of purchase (usually it only takes 2 weeks) you will see the money in your Saving Star online account. Once you reached $5.00 you can choose your payout method! Right now you can pick between putting the money in Paypal, having it deposited into your bank account, or have it put onto your amazon account. You can use regular coupons along with this program to get even better savings! You don't have to do anything but clip the coupons you want at the beginning of each month!

I've been using Saving Star for 9 months & have earned $32.00 from it. It won't make you rich, but it is an easy way to save a little extra money :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More