About

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

After 3 months....I decided to go back to Wags....& $1.00 chocolate milk at Giant Eagle!

Edited...forgive any typos or run on sentences...it was 1am when I typed this ;)

I headed out tonight to run a couple different errands. I had an in store pickup to get at Best Buy, pictures I needed to get at Target, Walmart & CVS & I needed to get my money back on coupons that were missed or I forgot to give at Giant Eagle & Target. I also wanted to get a refund for the overage on the Up2U gum at CVS since I was there anyway. After my missed coupons & gum difference I earned back $5.14! I used that money to pay for my Walgreen's transactions....

My OOP is higher than I usually pay at a drugstore. I wanted to use all my RRs I earned though, because as of now, I don't have any plans of going back to Walgreen's for another 3 months :) For the first year of couponing, I  played the drugstore game at Walgreen's and CVS. But this past December, I decided to quit Walgreen's after having a few Register Rewards expire & the deals just not being as good to me. In the beginning, every deal is AWESOME. I mean, you are starting a "stockpile" so you need a lot. After a few months ago, you have enough toothpaste, enough body wash etc that there is no reason to continue to buy. So, keeping up with the "game" at both stores just gave us WAYYY to much stuff. I will admit that Walgreen's has a much better variety of items each week. CVS recycles the same deals over and over again but, CVS is 2 or 3 minutes closer to my house & they accepted their coupons expired so it was a win win. Now that they are slowly changing their policy to no longer accept expired coupons, I guess we will have to see if the deals there continue to be as good to me. I used quite a few expired red coupon machine coupons & I liked being able to use my ECB expired.

OOP: $4.05
Savings of: $9.40

I had no Huggies coupons for any of these transaction & no RRs to start. This is actually a lot for wipes IMO because I can usually get them for $.50ish a pack but I wanted to get a few since we really only have refill packages and not actual cases. If I would have rolled a few more times it would have worked out better, but 4 transactions was plenty for me lol

Transaction 1:
Huggies Wipes $2.49 & earned $2.00 RR
=$2.49 OOP


Transaction 2:
Burt's Bees cough drops $1.99 & earned $2 RR
Candy $.59
 -used $2.00 RR from Transaction 1
=$.58


Transaction 3:
Huggies wipes $2.49 & earn $2 RR
 -used $2.00 RR from transaction 2
=$.49

Transaction 4: 
Huggies Wipes $2.49
 -used $2 RR from transaction 3
=$.49
  **Because I used a Huggies Register Reward on a Huggies item, I didn't get the $2 RR. I knew this when I planned out the transactions, but just something to keep in mind if you plan to roll the Huggies RRs at your store.


The pizza crust isn't brag worthy....my daughter just wanted it in the picture ;)

If you are heading to Giant Eagle soon & are a fan of chocolate milk, you may want to check the price at your store. There were no signs up, but the Giant Eagle brand chocolate milk rang up $1.00 today for me! Regular price is $2.39, so I went back and grabbed 2 more :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More