About

Monday, February 27, 2012

CVS Run 2/26


If you haven't heard all CVS stores received a memo a few weeks ago about NOT accept CVS coupons expired anymore. This includes red coupon machine coupons and ECB.  Some stores have already started following the new rules. 


I had $42 ECB that were expired or were about to expire. There is certainly not $42 in things I wanted from the ad this week so I was at a loss on how to spend it. I went into my store today and the cashier said that they received the memo but were still accepting ECB expired as of today. YAY! I asked if I could push my luck and try to use my $24 ECB that was going to expire this week next Sunday and the cashier said that would be fine. I decided to go ahead and use $18 in ECB though just in case there wasn't much next week I wanted either. I had almost $60 in ECB or gift cards at the start of today, so I decided to "burn" some to get the number down. Whenever they do decide to stop accepting them expired it would be way to hard to use that many before they expire each month. 


CVS
OOP: $0.00 ($1.55 went on a previously purchased e gift card still available here - $10 CVS gift card for $5.99)
Savings of: $56.14
Earned $15.79 ECB ($1.00 from the green bag tag)


My Up2U gum rang up $1.57 instead of $.99 like in the ad (& the signs posted). I didn't notice until I got home, so I'll take my receipt back next time I am in to buy something to see if I can get the difference credited back. I also just realized I could have used another Nature Made coupon...boo!


Purchase 1 Thermacare wrap at $3.79 & earn $3.79 ECB
1 Thermacare heat wrap $3.79
=FREE after ECB


Purchase 1 Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief at $4.99 & earn $4 ECB
Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief $4.99
 -used $.75 coupon from the 2/26 Sunday paper
 -used $1.00 CVS store coupon from the Reinventing Beauty magazine
=$.76 money maker after ECB!


2 Nature Made Vitamin C 250 ct $14.29 each
 -1 FREE with in store promotion
 -used $5.00 coupon previously available here
 -used 2 $2.00 CVS store coupons from the Red Coupon Machine
=$2.65 each!
 *I'm going to take my $1.00 coupon in whenever I go in next and see if I can get the money back for it


Spend $10 on Physicians Formula make up & earn $7 ECB
Physicians Formula bronzer $15.49
 -used $3 peelie on product
=$5.49 after ECB


2 Mentos Up2U gum $1.57 each
 -used 2 $1.00 coupons from the Sunday paper
=.57 each
*I am going to go back and try to get the difference back next time I am in


 -used $21.00 in ECB
 -used 20% off coupon (took off $3.40)


This is definitely not one of my best transactions. Vitamins should be free & I usually wouldn't pay $5.50 for Bronzer but I didn't have all my coupons with me and I was thinking on feet so to say. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More