About

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My October spending vs. Savings results

If you are new to reading my blog, this is a monthly post I do to show how much I saved in the previous month with coupons and sales. My goal each month is to spend less than $300.00. I knew I would be over that amount this month since I was "stocking up" for vacation & for the winter months (I HATE HATE HATE driving in the snow & carrying 2 kids around in the 10 degree weather to shop :))  I did 6 CVS gift card deals so I could have to gift cards for vacation - so that raised my OOP a lot. My $300.00 a month goal includes ALL food, diapers & wipes, health and beauty items, pet supplies and household items. I don't included clothing purchases, home items (decorative items etc) and things along those lines. We are a family of 4 (2 Adults, a 1 year old & a 2 year old) with 2 cats. Here are my results:

Shelf Cost: $1,557.06 (this is my highest shelf cost amount all year)
Coupons: $693.16
Sales: $322.58
Rebates: $76.00
Savings: $1091.74 (my highest savings amount all year)
My Price: $494.38 (my highest OOP all year)
Savings rate: 70.1%

Shelf Cost is what I would have spent without coupons or sales
Coupons includes store coupons and coupon doubles

Sales are any sale that includes a loyalty card (Target sales are not included since they are not included on the "amount saved" on your receipt)

Rebates included mail in rebates, promotional offers were I receive a gift card & GE Fuel perks earned

My Price is how much I actually paid Out Of Pocket
Savings rate is my % of savings (50% is considered awesome)


We are very well stocked now on Toilet paper, paper towels, ALL H&B items (shampoo, medicine, make up, soaps etc), laundry detergent & cleaning items.

Hopefully when we get back I will just need to purchase fresh food & a few things for Thanksgiving dinner (we already have most of what we will need..YAY!)

My goal for November is to spend less than $200.00 & have a savings rate OVER 80% :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More