About

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Shopping trips 11/16 - Kroger, Giant Eagle, Target & CVS - OOP $7.28 Savings of: $74.17

So, I headed out yesterday to run around and get all the deals I wanted for this week. (well, last week for the GE ad) I was SO excited to actually have an AWESOME Kroger trip planned & I was going to be able to use one of the $5.00 off $35.00 coupons we receive weekly. I get to Kroger, start loading up my cart...and I realize I don't have the $5.00 coupon. UGGHHHHH. Luckily I guess, we received new $5.00 off $35.00 purchase coupons in the mail yesterday, so I will hit up Kroger on Sunday (when the coupons start) & before the new ad starts on Monday.

I also have a quite a few of the Amex prepaid gift cards I stocked up on at CVS before vacation, but I didn't read the fine print that they are accepted in the US ONLY & not on cruise lines...booo & I totally forgot to take those with me to pay for these trips.

Giant Eagle *this was last weeks sale*
OOP: $6.70
Savings of: $20.85

I was super excited about the fun da middles...but I now realize we don't even have a cupcake pan...oppsss

Purchase 4 select products & receive a free bake ware pan
2 Fun Da Middles $2.50 each
 -used 2 $.75 coupons from the Sunday paper (doubled to $1.50 each)
2 Bisquick $2.50 each
 -used 2 $.60 printables available here (doubled to $1.20 each)
 -used $.50 Giant Eagle Eoffer
Wilton Bake ware fan $4.99
 -FREE with promotion
=$4.10 or $.82 an item!

GE chips $2.50
 -used $1.50 Giant Eagle Eoffer
=$1.00!

Land O Lakes cinnamon butter $1.50
 -used $.75 coupon from the Sunday paper (doubled to $1.50)
=FREE!

2 Sargento cheese $2.50
 -used 2 $.55 printables available here (doubled to $1.10 each)
=$1.40 each!


Target
OOP: $0.00
Savings of: $15.96

Before couponing I NEVER went to Target. I always thought they were expensive and overpriced....now, I LOVE Target :)

Market Pantry bread $1.19
 -used FREE coupon from a home mailer
=FREE!

2 Hungry Jack pancake mixes $.99 each
 -used 2 $1.00 Target store coupons available on Target.com
=2 for FREE!

2 NY nail color polishes $.94 each
 -used 2 $1.00 Target store coupons available on Target.com
=2 for FREE!

3 Maybelline baby lip balms $2.99 each
 -used 3 $2.00 Target store coupons previously available on Target.com
  -used 3 $1.00 coupons previously available here
=3 for FREE!

2 J&J first aid to go kits $.97 each (in the travel section)
 -used 2 $1.00 coupons from the Sunday paper - maybe last weeks?!
=2 for FREE!


CVS
OOP: $0.00 ($1.87 went on a previously purchased gift card)
Savings of: $35.36

My coupons are SO disorganized that I couldn't find all my ECB before I went to CVS. So, my OOP (on the gcard) is higher than I like to pay at a drugstore.

Purchase 1 Gillette fusion shave gel & receive $2.00 ECB (limit 1)
Gillette Fusion travel size shave gel $2.37
 -used $1.00 coupon from the 10/30 Sunday paper
=$1.37 OOP & earn $2.00 ECB

Purchase 1 Oral B Vitality toothbrush & receive $10.00 ECB
Oral B Vitality toothbrush $24.99
 -used $10.00 coupon from the 10/30 Sunday paper
-$14.99 OOP & earn $10.00 ECB

 -I also used $14.49 in ECB


Kroger
OOP: $.58
Savings of: $2.00

My not-worth-the-drive Kroger trip...

4 Donuts $2.58
 -used $2.00 off a Bakery purchase Kroger coupon
=$.58

2 comments:

I was just wondering how you're able to stack a GE coupon with a manufacture coupon when clearly it states in GE new coupon policy that it's against Giant Eagles policy to do so.

"2 Bisquick $2.50 each
-used 2 $.60 printables available here (doubled to $1.20 each)
-used $.50 Giant Eagle Eoffer"

Giant Eagles policy states:
"Stacking (combining electronic and paper coupons) of manufacturers’ coupons is prohibited."
http://www.gianteagle.com/about/policies

This is their new policy. Please explain.

The computer system still allows you to stack. It doesn't beep & the cashiers at my local store say they still will allow it until the system is updated

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More