About

Friday, September 23, 2011

Our final "cheap" bathroom remodel!

If you are new to reading my blog, you can read about our first 2 "cheap" bathroom remodels here. We completed them back at the beginning of August and finally today got around to finishing our Master bath. The first 2 bathrooms cost just over $90.00 to redo!

For the master bath I wanted to add an above the toilet cabinet because the bathroom is TINY! I think every apartment we have ever lived in has had a bigger bathroom than we have in our MASTER bathroom in our house. I decided to have a yard sale at the beginning of September and use that money to pay for the cabinet. Luckily, I made more than enough money and I was also able to get a new light fixture!

New items include: light fixture, over the toilet cabinet, cabinet knobs, rug, toilet paper holder, towel rack, 2 hand towels, 4 bath towels, paint, shower caddy (not pictured), shower head (not pictured), trash can & canister

Total for everything was around $130.00...of which $102.00 was yard sale money! My total savings was around $145.00!

I'll post before pictures first:

We had already taken down the original towel bar before I took this picture...but you get the idea :)



Now after:





I did an "accent" wall thing in 2 of the bathrooms because they are SO small. If I painted our entire bathroom this darker blue...the room would have looked even smaller than it is.

Our next project will be our TV niche in our living room. We have one of those houses that has the hole cut out of the wall for the TV to go into...I HATE it & it always looks so messy. We are going to add a shelf to it and hopefully make it look a little more organized. I'll post pics whenever we finish :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More