About

Sunday, September 25, 2011

CVS & Walgreen's shopping trips 9/25 - OOP: $.11 & saved: $70.42

I went to a 24 hour CVS last night because I didn't feel like dragging the kids all over town today :) It was awesome to be the only shopper there but the cashier said that her store didn't take expired CVS coupons, so she wouldn't let me use one of mine. I took the coupon to my normal store today and they gave me the $1.00 back. Needless to say, I think I'll just stick to me normal store (that is AWESOME) and drag the kids with me ;) You'll notice my transaction was different than I posted yesterday. I couldn't find my Bausch & Lomb coupon so I needed something else to get me over the $20.00 to use my $4.00 off $20.00 coupon. Neither store I went to had gotten in the Excedrin yet either.

Neither CVS had the specially marked Carmex for the rebate mentioned here
CVS
OOP: -$1.00 & I earned $9.79 ECB
Savings of: $30.45


Schick Quattro for Women razor 1 ct $8.99 & earn $4 Ecb
 -used the $5.00 coupon previously available here
After coupon & ECB = FREE

ThermaCare lower back and hip heat wrap 1 ct $3.79 & earn $3.79
FREE after ECB

Colgate Total $2.99 & earn $.99 ECB
 -used $1.00 manufacturer coupon from a Walgreen's diabetes and you magazine
 -used $1.00 CVS coupon (expired) from their Reinventing Beauty Magazine you can buy in store
After coupons & ECB = FREE

U by Kotex 2 for $7.00 & earn $1.00 ECB
 -used 2 $1.00 manufacturer coupons received in a mailed sample
 -used $2.00 CVS coupon received in the mail
After coupons  ECB = $2.00 or $1.00 a box

 -used $4.00 off $20.00 purchase coupon
 -used $8.77 in ECB

Usually I would not have purchased the tampons and pads or $1.00 a box (you should be able to get these for FREE) But, with the $4.00 off $20.00 purchase coupon, it made them free. I actually spent less in ECB than I got back...which means everything was basically a money maker!


Walgreen's
OOP: $1.11 & I have $8.60 left in RRs
Savings of: $39.97

I had to do 3 transactions to keep my OOP the lowest. The balance bar rang up $1.50 too which kinda threw things off a little. If it would have rang up $1.59 I wouldn't have needed a filler in that transaction. My store also had NOTHING tagged. Not 1 sale item. I don't know if it is to keep the "extreme" couponers away or what...but I must be honest and say it was a little annoying.

Transaction 1:

Walgreen's Maxi Pads 14 ct. overnight $2.00 and earn $2 RR
FREE after RR

Colgate Optic toothpaste 2 for $7.98 & earn $6RR 
 -used 2 $1.50 coupons from the 9/11 Sunday paper
After coupons and RR = $1.02 money maker!

4 packs UP gum $.99 each with in ad coupon (this gum is not shown in the picture, but is listed in the wording)
 -used 2 $1.00 off 2 Manufacturer coupons from the Sunday paper
 -used $1.00 off 2 Walgreen's coupon from the October coupon booklet (found in store, by the ads)
After coupons = 4 packs for FREE!
 ***The coupon from the October coupon booklet did not scan. The cashier had to manually push it through. I am guessing it is not coded correctly, or has not been set to active yet. If you do this deal, make sure you pay attention and get your $1.00 off per 2 packs from this coupon

Arizona Tea $.50 with in ad coupon

 -used $7.00 RR & got back $8.00 RR

Transaction 2:

Zarbee’s Nighttime Cough & Sleep drink $5.99 & earn $5.99 RR
FREE after RR
  **my box had $1.00 coupon inside for your next purchase

Butterball chicken broth $.50 with in ad coupon

 -used $6.00 RR & earned $6.00 RR

Transaction 3:

Schick Quattro Razor System for men $8.99 & earn $5 RR
-use the $5.00 coupon previously available
here

After coupon and RR = $1.01 money maker!

Balance Bar $1.50 & earn $1.60 RR
$.10 money maker after RR

Halloween stickers $.39

 -used $6.00 RR & earned $6.60 RR

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More