About

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Off topic post...Our cheap bathroom remodels!

We have been in our house for almost 2.5 years and really haven't done much to it. We put 2 ceiling fans up, installed a micro hood, put knobs on our kitchen cabinet doors, put some shelves in our pantry, a new light above our garage & a shelf & cabinet in our laundry area. That's pretty much it. If you own a home, you know how expensive it can be to do repairs or upgrades. Before couponing, I always thought "I don't want to go drop $200 for new decor for the bathroom" I always imagined what else I could get with that $200.00 (clothes or a vacation! :)) Well, thanks to some awesome coupons over the last 2 months, I was able to purchase a bunch of new stuff for our bathrooms and make them look much better...with not much money out of pocket. We finished the downstairs bathroom & the kids bathroom today. We still have to do the master bath, but I still need to purchase 1 item which will be semi expensive, so I probably won't have that picture for another few weeks.

Here is the downstairs bathroom before:



Here is the downstairs bathroom after:





You can't see the ugly light fixture that used it be up..but it was one of those standard 3 "vanity light" fixtures.

we changed: toilet paper roll holder, towel bar, 2 new hand towels, light fixture, new trash can, soap pump, knobs on cabinets, new paint, wall sign, & rug.

My TOTAL OOP for everything was : $65.75 ($38.00 was just the light fixture) & I saved approx. $88.00!


The kids bathroom before:



The kids bathroom after:









Now...let me start by saying, I have NO idea why the shower curtain is SO short. I am thinking of taking it back, but I'm sure they are all that way?!? Our daughter LOVES it...so I may just leave it. No one is ever in their bathroom anyway except for us.


We changed: towel rack, toilet paper holder, shower curtain, 2 rugs (only 1 is pictured though), 2 bath towels, hand towel, basket, soap pump, tumbler, toothbrush holder, knobs on cabinet, stool, trash can, shower rings, toy organizer (not pictured)


My total OOP for everything was: $25.76 & I saved approx. $150.00!!!





I'm so excited we were able to make our bathrooms look better without spending much money! The master bath will cost a little more because we need (I mean I WANT) a new light fixture (I left the ugly one in the kids bathroom for now) & we need an actual wall cabinet above our toilet and not just a towel bar so small shelf) I'll post pics of it though once we are totally done :) I think next I am going to work on shelving our TV niche because it looks a mess all the time!

1 comments:

LOL I got 2 shower curtain liners at target one has 2 extra grommets the other is short 2! It looks great by the way.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More