About

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Shopping trips 8/26 - Giant Ealge, CVS & Walmart

Giant Eagle:
OOP: $16.47 - I earned $.20 Fuel Perks (a $6.00 value) & I received a Mail in Rebate for $10.00
 -So, including fuel perks & the rebate it's like paying $.47!
Savings of: $40.47 (not including fuel perk savings or MIR)

My store only had approx. 8 or 9 of the Land O Lakes Cinnamon Sugar butter. I wanted to get 6 originally, but I wanted to leave some for others so I only got 3. I went to another store later in the evening and they were completely cleared out. It looks like this may be an item you'll have to get a rain check on.

I have heard people are having problems with the fuel perks registering for the P&G deal and the rebate printing when you hit $30.00 base on shelf price. I can tell you with my purchase below I had NO issue. Fuel perks credited and my rebate printed.

Purchase $30.00 in select P&G products & receive a mail in rebate for $10.00
Purchase $25.00 in select P&G products receive $.20 fuel perks (a $6.00 value)
3 Tide $5.99 (shelf cost $10.49)
 -used 3 $2.00 coupons from the 7/17 Sunday paper

4 KC Masterpiece bbq $1.00 each
 -used 4 $.50 coupons from the 8/14 Sunday paper (doubled to $1.00 each)

3 Land O Lakes Cinnamon Sugar Butter $1.50 each
 -used 3 $.75 coupons from the Sunday paper (doubled to $1.50 each)

Nesquick Chocolate milk $1.50
 -used $.50 coupon from the Sunday paper (doubled to $1.00)

4 Pepsi Products 4 for $4.00


CVS
OOP: $7.48 & I received $12.00 in ECB
Savings of: $64.49

I could have gotten my OOP to around $0.00 because I had ECB to cover the total. But, I didn't want to spend more in ECB than I would get back in ECB on the Conair deal.  Probably sounds crazy to some to spend actual cash instead of ECB but I like to have between $20.00-$30.00 in ECB always. It helps keep my OOP super low when I go to do an actual couponing trip (which this is not)

Now, onto the Conair deal :) If you have a CVS near, you may want to head there before tomorrow at closing. They currently are offering $5.00 ECB on the purchase of a Conair hair dryer or straighter - limit 2. The awesome part of this deal is....the items pictured above are on clearance for $8.24 (originally $32.99) & they are producing the ECB. So, you can get a $33 straighter or hair dryer for $3.24 after ECB! My straighter and hair dryer both still work great....but I will be putting these back for when mine actually break:)

Purchase any Conair straighter or hair dryer and receive $5.00 ECB - limit 2
Conair hair dryer $8.24 (clearance)
Conair straighter $8.24 (clearance)
 -used $9.00 in ECB

Purchase any Bengay and receive $2.00 ECB
Bengay Vanishing scent cream $5.99
 -used $5.00 coupon (no longer available to print)
 -used $.99 ECB


Walmart
OOP: $6.87 (cost of the Triple Cream)
Savings of: $5.87

I am going to start by saying...I hate Walmart. Yes....hate. I know I post a lot of deals where you can get free items there with coupons, but I RARELY step foot into one. I had to go tonight though because they are the only store I can find that carries Triple Cream (not Triple Paste) & the only store I can find that has Suave less than $3.50 (the max amount on the FREE coupon I had). Now that I coupon, I have an issue almost every time I go into one. I'm not sure what it is about the cashiers at Walmart and coupons...but I rarely find a cashier that accepts all my coupons without grief (I did have one AWESOME cashier one time & I made sure to tell her how great she was) I'm so confused as to why Walmart would have a coupon policy...but not train their cashiers on it.  I had a few more items I wanted to get tonight (the Renuzit & the pet nursing bottles) which would have created an overage of  a whopping $.60. My cashier told me they could not accept the Renuzit coupon because "The coupon is worth $1.00 and the product is only $.94" (DUH...I was trying to take advantage of the Walmart overage policy) & "I can't use the coupon because the item you are getting doesn't match the item on the coupon" (For real?!?). So, I told her to just take the items off. Then, I got the "We can't accept the pet coupon because it is worth more than the item" Again...DUH...but I had her take those items off too.  What confused me even more is their policy states they DO NOT accept Internet prints for free items...but they accepted mine for the yogurts with no questions asked. She wouldn't follow the policy for the overage but goes against the policy for the free Internet print coupons?!? So...here is my not so worthy shopping trip:

*I read on Iheartthemart that a lot of people were having luck using their IP for the free yogurt at Walmart, so I tried it tonight. I can't guarantee that everyone will be able to use them.

Dannon Okios Greek yogurt $1.00
 -used FREE coupon available here

Activia Selects Greek yogurt $1.00
 -used FREE coupon available here

Suave lotion $2.87
 -used FREE coupon (no longer available to request)

Triple Cream $7.87
 -used $1.00 coupon found in a previous box

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More