About

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Updates from my recent outings

I only have 1 picture to post tonight of all my shopping trips. By the time we got home, I just wanted to put everything away! But, I'm still going to post and hopefully help out a few people:)

Meijer
OOP: $1.10 Savings of  $15.92

2 Ice mountain water jugs $1.00 each
Tombstone frozen pizza 3.50
 -used FREE Tombstone pizza coupon from a Mail in rebate (no longer available)
Meijer hot dog buns 1.36
Meijer hamburger buns 1.36
Sargento shredded cheese 1.88
Ball Park deli style hot dogs 3.50
 -used $2.00 Catalina from a previous shopping trip at Giant Eagle

I rang this up in 2 transactions because I had a 2.00 off 2.00 purchase Mperk and my husband had a 5.00 off 5.00 purchase coupon in his. (Thanks Kayla for letting me know about this!) Now, 99% of the time, generic IS NOT cheaper than name brand (when you coupon). But in this case, the only bun coupons i had were for Ball Park...and Meijer doesn't carry them. In my opinion, 1.36 is also a crazy price for generic buns..but, it was the cheapest they had and we need them for our sons birthday party on Saturday.

Kroger
OOP: 1.00 Savings of 8.48

4 Goldfish crackers - $1.00 each
 -used 2 .75 off 2 coupons (no longer available to print) - doubled to 1.50 each

Giant Eagle
OOP:  16.72 Savings of 35.98

Now, I am going to start by saying...this isn't much of a brag. It could have been, but the cashier forgot to scan some of my coupons, some she scanned twice...and frankly...I have no clue what was going on lol. I'm going to list the items that ended up being a good deal.

2 Gillette body washes 3.99 each
 -used $2.00 off 1 coupon from the Sunday paper
 -used Buy one Get one free coupon from the Sunday paper
 -used 2.00 Eoffer
FINAL COST - 2 for FREE!
2 John Frieda Full repair hair care items 5.00 each
 -used 2 $5.00 coupons from the 6/5 Sunday paper (this was a regional coupon that we did NOT receive in Columbus, but someone was nice enough to mail me 2 from a different area)
FINAL COST - 2 for FREE!
2 Colgate toothpaste 1.50 each
 -used 2 .75 off 1 coupons from the 6/5 Sunday paper (doubled to 1.50 each)
3 Luna protein bars 1.00 each
 -none of my 3 coupons got scanned, but somehow some of the other coupons she scanned more than once, made up for the mistake)
FINAL COST - 3 for FREE!
Cliff zbar (kids protein bar) .75
 -used .50 coupon from the Sunday paper ("doubled" to .75 - cost of the item)
FINAL COST - FREE
Tic Tacs 1.00
 -used .75 coupon from the 6/12 Sunday paper ("doubled to 1.00 - cost of the item)
Snuggle dryer sheets 3.50
 -used .75 coupon from the Sunday paper (doubled to 1.50)
 -*I will also get $1.00 deposited into my SavingStar account

Target
OOP: 6.35 Savings of 26.00


There is a **HOT** Target coupon available here for $10.00 off any bathroom fixture. We are getting ready to paint our downstairs bathroom so this coupon came at a PERFECT time! We are going to take down the old basic towel rack and instead hang up one of the racks pictured above! We will use the other one in the kids bathroom upstairs.

2 Bathroom racks 14.99 each
 -used 2 $10.00 target coupons available here
2 Nivea men's body wash 3.04 each
 -used 2 $1.00 Target coupons available here
 -used 2 $2.00 coupons from the Sunday paper

I also had a gift card with 4.66 on it.

This is a really awesome coupon because they have items that start around $10.00. I may end up going to the library to print a few more of these as there are lots of little "upgrades" we can make but not pay much! (anything is an upgrade from the cheap stuff they put in when they build your house right?:))

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More