About

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Shopping trips 2/28 - Meijer and Kroger



Today is the last day that Kroger in Cincinnati will be doubling coupons so I wanted to head out and use some of the coupons I had that would double. Once I was done shopping though, I actually only ended up using 1 coupon that doubled. I was still able to pick up a few good deals (most of which I didn't plan on getting going in!) I am not sure how often I will be shopping at Kroger now. Some of their items do have "lower prices" but if I have a coupon that could double, a lot will end up being Cheaper at Meijer or Remke. For example - The Heinz gravy was $1.29 today at Kroger. I checked the price at Meijer and it was $1.39. I had a $.75 coupon that would double to $1.00, so today it was cheaper to pick up the gravy at Kroger. Tomorrow though, the gravy would be cheaper at Meijer. I am thinking the "lower prices" will be nice for times you don't have a coupon but so far I have noticed that having a coupon that doubles means a lower price at a competitor store.

On a different note, I haven't spent much at the grocery store this month because I am trying to use up things we have in the pantry. I did need to pick up a few things for dinner this week and we needed some produce so most of what I got today isn't sale or ad items.

OOP: $19.82
Savings of: $19.17

Hanson juice boxes $1.29

4 Zico coconut waters $.84 each (clearance)

2 Lucini salad dressing $3.29
 -used $2.00 coupon
=$1.29

2 Lean Cuisine salad additions $2.77 each
 -used 2 $1.00 coupons received from BzzAgent
=$1.77 each
*There is a $.75 coupon available here that would work great for high doubles. Head over here first and change your zip to 30187. You will then be able to locate the coupon here

CrunchPak apple/grape mix $1.49 (manager's special)

Windex Touchup $3.72
 -used $1.50 coupon available here
=$2.22
*There are blinkie machine's by this product for a free single roll of Kroger brand paper towels when you buy the Windex Touchup, but my store would not let me use both coupons so I opted to use the $1.50 one

Sambazon organic single serve $1.99
 -used the $1.50 coupon available here
=$.49

Duncan Hines Frosting Creations $.99
 -used the $1.00 coupon available here
=FREE!

Earthbound Farm Organic apples $1.29 (manager's special)

Heinz Gravy $1.29
 -used the $.75 coupon available here (doubled to $1.00)
=$.29
*Head over here first and change your zip to 30303. You will then be able to locate the coupon here

2 Kroger blocks of cheese $1.99 each
 -used $.70 off 2 coupon from a Kroger home mailer
=$1.64 each



 
 
Meijer
OOP: $0.00 ($25.67 went on a previously earned gift card)
Savings of: $19.65
 
Quaker Granola Bars $2.39
 
Simple Orange $3.79
 
Kikkoman season packet $.65
 -used $1.00 coupon available here (adjusted to $.65)
=FREE!
 
3 Ritz Crackerfuls $1.99 each
 -used buy 2 get 1 free coupon available here
 
watermelon chucks $1.36
 
Cantaloupe $1.18
 
Ritz $1.99
 
Stonyfield Yokids yogurt $3.00
 -used the $.50 coupon available here (doubled to $1.00)
=$2.00
 
Buy 10, get the 11th item free promo:
Meijer bread $1.00
 
Meijer buns $1.00
 
Dole Salad Mix $1.00
 
2 Earthbound Farms organic carrots $1.00 each
 -used $1.00 off 2 coupon available here
 
2 Strawberries $1.00 each
 
Pepper $1.00
*These are $.69 at Kroger this week
 
3 Del Monte fruit cups $1.00 each

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More