About

Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Kroger & Meijer run...plus my costly mistake!


I had 2 OYNOs that were going to expire this weekend and I needed chicken for dinner (I'll explain why below) so I headed out to Kroger & Meijer tonight. Neither of these trips are super great, but I wanted to share since I don't have a lot of shopping trip post anymore.

If you live in the Cincinnati area, I noticed tonight at Kroger they have started their "lower prices" campaign. I had my daughter with me tonight though so I couldn't spend a lot of time looking around to see what was a good deal and what wasn't. I did notice that the Annie's dressing (pictured above) has a "new lower price" of $2.99. I checked the price at Meijer when I was there and it was around $3.35. Not a huge price difference and if you factor in the $.75 coupon I had that would double at Meijer still next month, Kroger is only around $.10 cheaper. The Pepsi Next has a new lower price of $1.50 but Meijer has Pepsi on sale for $1.00 or $1.25 every other week it seems. I am not sure if the lower price at Kroger will take away the sale prices and I think it will take awhile to figure out if the new lower prices really are that much lower.

Kroger
OOP: $12.37
Savings of: $19.60

Simple Truth Organic free range chicken $9.09

Kroger eggs $.99
 -used FREE coupon from a Kroger home mailer
=FREE

Cheerios $1.99
 -used FREE coupon from a Kroger home mailer
 -will receive a $.50 Saving Star deposit
=$.50 money maker!

Pepsi Next $1.50
 -used FREE ecoupon previously available here
=FREE!

Jersey Cow chocolate milk $2.79 (sooo good if you haven't had it before!)

Simple Truth Almond milk $2.50
 -used FREE coupon from BzzAgent
=FREE!

Johnsonville chicken sausage $3.99
 -used FREE coupon from BzzAgent
=FREE!

Simple Truth veggie chips $2.99
 -used FREE coupon from BzzAgent
=FREE!

Annie's organic ranch dressing $2.99
 -used $.75 coupon available here (doubled to $1.00)
=$1.99

 -used $1.50 OYNO from a previous transaction


When I go to the grocery store...I like to go alone. The above picture is why :) My daughter was with me and she wanted to get her daddy and brother some candy plus we just HAD to have Cheez-it's since we didn't have any at home. I will say though....it is still cheaper to shop with my kids than shop with my husband! ;)

Meijer
OOP: $0.00 ($20.94 went on a previously earned gift card)
Savings of: $17.41

There was a 5% off your grocery & H&B mperk available today so the prices listed below are after the 5% was taken off:

Earth Balance organic butter $2.84

Watermelon chunks $.77

Strawberries $1.43

Cantaloupe $.89

Sour gummy worms $1.13

Rhodes rolls $2.37

Icee $1.22

Berry Juice $1.56

Cheez-it's $2.93

gummy candy $.94

Reese Pieces $.95

Ricotta cheese $1.61

Meijer bread $.95

Annie's Organic mac & Cheese $1.58
 -used the $.35 coupon available here (doubled to $.70)
=$.88

Annie's organic crackers $3.03
 -used $.75 coupon available here (doubled to $1.00)
=$2.03

2 Pampers wipes $1.79 each
 -used 2 $.50 coupons available here (doubled to $1.00 each)
=$.79 each

Ocean Spray grapefruit juice $1.90
 -used $2.00 coupon previously available here
=FREE!

Carefree liners $.90
 -used $.50 coupon from a Kroger home mailer (doubled to $.94 - original item cost)
=FREE

 -used $3.00 OYNO from a previous transaction


Now my costly mistake....

I had a "bright" idea this past Monday to completely clean out our fridge and freezer. I wanted to wipe down the shelves, walls, wipe off the condiments bottles etc. Whenever I clean our fridge out it takes some time so I turn the fridge and the freezer off to shave energy...and so I don't freeze while cleaning. :) It took me around 90 minutes to get everything completely cleaned. We left Tuesday morning for Mammoth Cave and didn't return until Wednesday evening. On Thursday morning I went in the fridge to get milk for the kids breakfast...and everything was pretty much room temperature. I had completely forgotten to turn the fridge and freezer back on Monday and pretty much EVERYTHING had gone bad! :( Luckily, there was TOO much I had to throw away, but there was yogurt, cheese, eggs, milk, juice, chicken, sausage, hamburger etc. UGH! I guess if nothing else at least we have a clean fridge and freezer for our company next weekend! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More