About

Saturday, September 29, 2012

My first Kmart couponing trip! - of course didn't go quite like I planned :)


So, I'll start by saying I haven't stepped foot in a Kmart since Thanksgiving Day 2009. The way they only doubled coupons on certain days and you had to spend $25, just didn't seem like it was worth the headache. 6ish months ago the store closest to our house in Columbus closed so I never even had to think about going. Well, now since moving to Florence we have a store approx. 15 minutes away from our house. Kinda far to drive with Walmart and Target under 10 minutes away, but they drew me in this week with the deals! I had an awesome trip all planned out and I assumed it would go as planned since I rarely hear people talk about shopping at Kmart. Well....I was wrong! The store I went to was busy, (not Walmart crazy, but busier than I expected) and 2 of the 3 deals I wanted to take advantage of didn't have enough of the items I needed. I planned to do the BOGO Glade Expressions deal but they only had 1 scented oil. I also planned to pick up 5 Kleenex hand towels and 1 Clorox wipes for the spend $15 get $5 but they only had 3 Kleenex hand towels. I could have gotten more Clorox wipes, but I didn't have any coupons so it made my OOP seem high. My deal pictured above also isn't as I planned it, because they only had those 3 bottles of Purex w/ Zout so I had to work out a different deal. Luckily it worked out and I'm happy with it! I now have a $10.00 store coupon that I can work on rolling to make my deals better and better in the future weeks! We all have to start somewhere when it comes to collecting OYNOs, so the first trip usually has the highest OOP.  I am still learning the Kmart coupon policy (it's pretty darn complicated compared to most) but I hope to learn the ins and outs and make Kmart a frequent stop!

KMART
OOP: $18.79
Savings of: $21.41
Earned $10.00 OYNO

Spend $30 on Sparkle, Purex, Purex w/ Zout, Quilted Northern, Vanity Fair, Brawny, Runuzit, Tone, Soft Scrub, Angel Soft, Right guard, Dry Idea, Dixie, & Mardi Gras & earn $10.00 OYNO
3 Purex w/ Zout $3.00 each
 -used 4 $1.50 coupons available here - zip 53549
4 Sparkle 8 pack paper towels $5.00 each
 -used 4 $1.00 coupons available here (each doubled to $2.00)
1 Sparkle 3 pack paper towels $3.29
 -used $1.00 store coupon located with product
=$18.79 and earned $10.00 OYNO










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More