About

Friday, June 8, 2012

Shopping Trips 6/7 - Kroger, Target, Walmart, Old Navy & Lowe's

I went around today and ran all my errands for the week. We are in the middle of painting our kitchen/living room and I am hoping to finish up the kitchen tomorrow! Saturday I will be having a yard sale with a friend, so today was my busy shopping day :)


I am not a regular Kroger shopper.... I usually only go 1 or 2 times a month. Lately, I haven't had any issues with using coupons there (unlike a year ago after Extreme Couponing started) and I have started becoming a Kroger fan again! Today though, I was not so lucky. My Beech-Nut coupons came up as "no item found" even though I got EXACTLY what was pictured. The cashier took a good 5 minutes to read each package, look at the coupons, read the packages again and finally accept the coupons. I then had 4 of 2 different coupons for Silk milk and he told me they only accepted 5 of the same coupon per transaction. I tried to explain that there were 2 different coupons with 2 different bar codes for the same item. He decided to ask customer service where they told him they only accept 2 Internet prints for the same item...so I could only use 2 of my 8 coupons even though I had 2 totally different coupons with 4 of each (see below for what I am talking about :))

I decided to go to a different Kroger while I was out tonight and had no issues using the rest of my 6 Silk milk coupons. Kroger does state their coupon policy can vary by store...and I guess this was the case today!



Kroger
OOP: $.63
Savings of: $23.21


12 Silk milk singles $1.00 each (on sale)
 -used 4 $1.00 coupons available here
 -used 4 $2.00 off 2 coupons available here
=12 for FREE!


4 Beech-Nut stage 4 & 5 pouches $1.00 each
 -used 4 $1.00 coupons available here
=4 for FREE!


Carefree liners $1.00
 -used $.50 coupon from the 5/6 Sunday paper (doubled to $1.00)
=FREE!


Ella's Kitchen pouch $1.79
 -used $.55 coupon received from emailing the company (doubled to $1.10)
=$.69


Glade scented oil holder $1.19
 -used $1.25 coupon available here
=$.06 money maker!


Target
OOP: $0.00 ($7.52 went on a previously earned gift card)
Savings of: $42.00
Earned $10.00 in gift cards
MONEY MAKER OF $2.48!

Earn $5 gift card when you buy 2 select Dr. Scholls inserts
4 Dr. Scholls high heel inserts $7.99 each
 -used 4 $4.00 coupons from being a Bzz Agent (campaign is no longer available to sign up for but you can become a member to receive future offers)
 -used 4 $2.00 Target store coupons available here
=$7.96 & earned $10.00 in gift cards

4 Aquafresh kids toothpaste $1.89 each
 -used 4 $1.00 coupons available here
 -used 4 $1.00 Target store coupons available here
=$.44 money maker!


I try to avoid Walmart at ALL cost because of issues I have had previously using coupons. My Softlips coupon was only redeemable at Walmart though so I had to make a trip before it expired. I will say I had an AWESOME cashier tonight that gave me no issues with my small overage from the Kotex coupons! Hopefully he's working every time I go in from here on ;)

Walmart
OOP: $-.24
Savings of: $7.97

4 Kotex Natural Balance liners $.94 each
 -used 2 $2.00 off 2 coupons available here
=$.24 money maker!


SoftLips pure gloss $3.97
 -used FREE coupon previously available here
=FREE!



I was in Marysville tonight and was SO excited to see that the Lowe's there actually had some stock on the clearance Green Works item! The stores around me have been selling out FAST or can't locate their stock :/

Lowe's 
OOP: $1.76 (on a previously earned prepaid gift card)
Savings of: $12.00ish

4 Green Works cleaners $1.44 each
 -used 4 $1.00 coupons available here
=$.44 each!


Old Navy
OOP: $1.67 (went on a previously earned prepaid gift card)

I took my daughter to Old Navy tonight to pick something out for around $5. I had a $5 off a $5 purchase coupon from the Snap Appy app (you can find it in your play or app store on your smart phone). She found these pants for $6.67 so only $1.67 after coupon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More