About

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My not so awesome CVS run & mail day!


I was in Columbus all day yesterday, and wanted to stop by my old store to take advantage of some of the deals. Since they accept CVS coupons expired, I knew I could score better deals than if I went to my local store now. Sadly, this didn't go as planned.  I knew going in that the BIC BOGO coupon would automatically go through for $7.49 (the max value on the coupon) Rarely, does CVS adjust the coupon to the actual price...but this time she did. So, my money making razors, were not really a money maker :/ For some reason, I though the Burt's Bees promo was $10 ECB when you spend $20...it wasn't. It was only $5 ECB. I also only printed 2 $1.50 Burt's Bees coupons because I thought the price online would be the price in store...it wasn't. The in store prices were cheaper, and therefore 2 products didn't reach the $20 needed and I didn't have a coupon for the 3rd lotion. :/

I didn't want to use my ECB (except for 1 expired one) because I am saving them for Black Friday, so my OOP was more than planned.

OOP: $15.94
Savings of: $18.98
Earned $8.00 ECB

Spend $20 on Burt's Bees products and earn $5 ECB
3 Burt's Bees lotions $7.99 each
 -used 2 $1.50 coupons available here
 -used $4 off $20 purchase CVS coupon (expired)
=$11.97 after ECB

Purchase 3 American Greetings cards and earn $3.00 ECB
**The ad states card must be $2.49 or above but this worked on the $.99 cards
3 American Greetings $.99 cards
 -used buy 2 get one free CVS coupon (expired)
=$1.02 money maker after ECB

2 BIC Silky Touch $3.99 each
 -minus 50% for 1 package with in store promo ($1.99)
 -used BOGO coupon from the 10/14 Sunday paper (took off $3.99 - this will scan threw though for $7.49, so if your cashier doesn't change the price, it would be a money maker)
=$1.99

 -used $5.00 ECB

Mail day:


Yesterday I received:

Organic Tea movement kit - still available here
2 Mary Kay samples - previously available here and here
FREE RepHresh kit - previously available here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More